Debt Consolidation Credit Counseling In Austin Debt Consolidation Credit Counseling In Austin

Find out more on Debt Consolidation Credit Counseling In Austin Now!

Friday, January 16, 2009

War Hero Get's Reverse Mortgage

By Johnwahn Vanrock

I'm going to take a break today from my normal article writing. My usual article consists of some beneficial learning material concerning the reverse mortgage.

Not today. I had a brush with someone last night that made me feel just damn good about my country and my business.

About me real quick. I'm 40 and have love for history of all kinds, particularly 20th century history. Of course, the History Channel was my favorite spot until they abandoned their former programming to speculate about UFOs.

Fortunately I'm in the reverse mortgage business. If I wasn't I wouldn't have talked with the man I spoke to yesterday. We talked for at least a half hour about him getting a reverse mortgage.

Most was about business until he said something about where the Navy stationed him in 1949. Being a history guy I thought he probably served in the war. So, I asked.

He said, yes, he was stationed at Pearl Harbor the day of the attack.

You know how you have double take? I had a triple take. Wow! I'm talking to one of last remaining human beings with a first hand account.

It gets even better. It wasn't like he was in some obscure part of Pearl. He was actually on the USS West Virginia when it was struck by multiple torpedos. He could hear the whine of the torpedos before they hit.

In one of the explosions from a torpedo he was hit hard and blacked out. In all the confusion in the hours and days thereafter he was listed as dead. And his family was notified.

The family memorialized his death as well.

Skeptical me... When I left the call I Googled his name and Pearl Harbor. Sure enough, there he was with story he just told me.

If you came to this article or blog site looking for good mortgage info, I'm sorry to disappoint. I just had to relate my great phone call with an important man.

From my perspective the reverse mortgage business was the conduit for a shlub like me to speak to the last of a dying bread. It was a great experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home